Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I grow lavender in my front yard.  It's great for so many things.  This morning I took some of my dried lavender and put it around most of my rooms, at the edge of the carpet against the walls.  We won't have fleas! And with four critters, this is huge. It repels fleas like gangbusters.

Fed my sourdough and will make bread this afternoon. That will probably be the biggy for me.  Grocery shopping will take its toll on my energy level.

The insulation project is now complete - such a relief.  I had no idea there was mold in my attic - a leftover present from my ex.  When he put the roof on, he didn't ventilate, applied the roofing to his own standards because it doesn't meet manufacturer's specs nor does it meet county code, screwed with the insulation that was already there to the point that I was experiencing greater than a 50% heat loss.  Of all the gifts he gave me, this was the most dangerous and expensive. I sure miss him - NOT. MY home is so much warmer without him and geting new, adequate insulation that he can't mess with is fantastic. Not to mention the power bill will drastically be reduced and my health will improve.

I need to have several medical tests done to determine what other damage the mold has done to me.  Dizziness, the thing that prevents me from doing so many things and has caused innumerable falls (read three fractures in my right foot), is just one of the manifestations of mold. It can also cause depression and anxiety, problems breathing, headaches - all part of what I have suffered.  It can cause:
 
  • Nasal and sinus congestion
  • Eye irritation, such as itchy, red, watery eyes
  • Respiratory problems, such as wheezing and difficulty breathing
  • Cough
  • Throat irritation
  • Skin irritation, such as a rash
  • Headache
  • Confusion
  • Brain fog
  • Shortened attention span
  • Difficulty concentrating and paying attention
  • Slowed reflexes
  • Disorientation
  • Dizziness
  • Memory loss and memory problems
  • Impaired learning ability
  • Hallucinations
  • Shock
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Aggression and other personality changes
  • Tingling
  • Trembling
  • Shaking
  • Seizure
  • Numbness

  • Having the attic and underneath the house inspected was literally a fluke. But I will be forever grateful I had it done.  It literally saved my life.  Now I'm on a mission to have everyone I know get their home checked. I had no idea how much damage could be caused nor that it was the culprit for a year and a half of medical misery.

    The kids are running around the house full of energy and wanting to play.  It's been good for the two seniors to have a puppy.  It challenges them to "play younger" again.  Time to make their day, I guess.

    Oh yes, also take the vacuum back in to have the second new cord put on it. I'm hiding it when I get it back home.  It's NOT on the list of acceptable puppy chow!

     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment