Friday, February 15, 2013

Nothing new under the sun.  My daughter's very senior dog, Baby, came close to sleeping forever yesterday.  Fortunately, our fabulous vet dissuaded her.  There's still lots of life in her; she needs to have all of her teeth pulled but there was nothing drastic enough to merit euthanasia.  Yes!

That's such a tough decision to make.  I know there have been a couple of times I waited longer than I should have because I wasn't ready to let go of my furkids.  I told myself  "I'll know when to let them go" but I'm selfish and wanted one more day. It's never easy.

My second new vacuum cord works great! Now, if junior jaws will just leave it alone it will be fine.  Wish I knew how he manages to find all of the things I hide from him. Maybe he'll end up being a search and rescue critter.  Well, at least search.  Still out on the rescue part.

He's amazing me, though.  Yesterday, when I said "I love you", he woofed it right back at me.  Fluke! So I did it again and he woofed it right back.  That's enough to make any puppy mama tear up.

Had dinner out for Valentines Day with my "adopted son".  His last year of high school.  Handsome. Intelligent.  Terrific conversationalist. We ate southern. Catfish, shrimp, deep fried okra, sweet potato fries, hush puppies - yummy.  He's such a great person to "go out" with and we try to do something at least once a month. We always have sooo much fun! What a great young man.  How lucky am I?

So if you need to clean up a spot on the carpet (had a little coffee spill) - i tsp hydrogen peroxide, 4 drops liquid dish detergent, 1 c warm water in a spray bottle and a small brush.  BLOT up as much of the spill as you can with paper towels.  Spray the area and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.   Lightly scrub with the brush back and forth sideways, up and down, in the shape of an X and finally in circles.  It insures you'll get all sides of every fiber.  Then blot with a dry cloth or towel.  My final step is literally to step on the towel to absorb as much moisture as possible.

If you have furkids and an "accident" (no, I don't get a kickback - it's just great and that's why I use it) nature's miracle is the best I've found for cleaning, deodorizing and repelling repeat performances.

I'm loving this. Bit by bit you can empty out some of the brain and make room for new!

No comments:

Post a Comment